Importance of housekeeping in hotels – A critical part of the hotel industry is housekeeping, the ultimate agenda of which is “creating a home away from home”. Maintaining the utmost cleanliness and upgrading the standard of the hotel is something which housekeeping department takes pride in doing. The housekeeping department offers the guests with hygienic, serene that offers complete value of client’s money. Let us discuss the importance of housekeeping in hotels.
The prime thing which attracts the clients is the cleanliness and span hotel environment. The aura of the hotel must be standardized as it has a huge impact on clients. From checking appliances, bringing items to the guests to taking care of comfortability is all that housekeeping department maintains. The housekeeping department plays a vital role in keeping the hotel environment clean and healthy. This is the basic thing every customer would like to experience.
Housekeepers keep a check on everything that a customer requires, and serves in a huge way towards the overall reputation and standard the hotel. The housekeeping department is an ancillary department which is purely committed to taking care of everything. Scroll below to know the Importance of housekeeping in hotels.
Importance Of Housekeeping In Hotels
Undoubtedly, housekeeping is the most important part of the hotel industry. That takes responsibility for the maintenance of rooms, back area, public area, and overall surroundings. A hotel solely survives on the quality of rooms and services. The housekeeping department is one on which the entire hotel depends upon. There is a long list of Importance of housekeeping in hotels, below mentioned are some of them.
- The most paramount operational department in a hotel is housekeeping. That takes the responsibility of cleanliness, aesthetic upkeep of rooms, public area, maintenance, and surroundings.
- Housekeeping department takes care of every tiny thing that a customer requires. Provides best services from food, beverages, and other services like laundry, health club spa and so on.
- Housekeeping tries best to meet the customer’s expectations and maintains everything accordingly. Providing desirable rooms and services has a direct bearing on the guest’s experience in a hotel.
- Keeping everything in order before the arrival of customer and after they check out are operations of the housekeeping department which keeps the hotel maintained and standardized.
- Housekeeping department works 24/7 from keeping the check of everything. Takes care of customers orders and providing them a complete comfort zone all these things are taken care of by the housekeeping department.
Thus, housekeeping is an ancillary department that not only takes care of maintenance of the hotel but also contributes in a huge way towards the overall reputation of a property.
Responsibilities of the Housekeeping Department
Housekeeping department plays an important role in the hotel industry, with a number of responsibilities that this department has to perform in order to maintain the high standard of the hotel. For everything a guest requires is the responsibility of the housekeeping department. Below are some of the responsibilities of the housekeeping department.
- Assuring the comfort and care of guests with maximum efficiency and taking care of the smooth running of the department.
- Offering a welcoming, and professional atmosphere and ensure courteous, reliable services from all the staff of the department.
- Maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and general upkeep in all areas in order to uplift the environment of the hotel.
- Taking care of the customer services, orders and comfort level. Makes sure to provide everything on time.
- To coordinate for the furnishing of the decor and other interiors with the interior designers in consultation with the management.
- Housekeeping department ensures the safety and security regulations and takes care of the guests in all the aspects.
- The responsibilities of the housekeeping department are many which get executed with all the regulations.
There is no doubt that the importance of housekeeping in hotels is massive, the entire hotel depends upon this department as the cleanliness is the prime thing which a guest look forward in any hotel. And the housekeeping department takes charge of everything that helps to increase the standard of the hotel.